Metaphysical Properties of Stones
Gemstones can have profound effects on people. Some
believe they contain certain mystical healing powers that science cannot describe.
Gemstones have been used throughout history and all cultures for its sacred
healing and protection powers that it bestows upon its wearer.
Find about what your stones can do you for below:
Agates attract strength and offers protection from bad dreams, stress and
energy drains. Agates with banded colors can be placed at the head of a sleeper
to give rich and varied dreams.
Amethyst can heal addictions of all kinds, bring stability and peace, bolster
courage, and ease the pain of grief.
Ametrine is amongst a group of very and special power stones that contain the
powers of amethyst and citrine in one stone, making it a very powerful symbol
of wealth and spiritual enlightenment.
• Ammonite Fossil: Named for Ammon, the Egyptian god of Procreation and Life, this fossil
symbolizes beauty and intelligence. In pairs, ammonite fossils enhance
relationships between close companions.
• Aquamarine: Aquamarine is a stone of courage, and is attuned to the ocean. It helps
to get in touch with the nature spirits of the sea and is thought to be a lucky
charm for sailors.
• Azurite Malachite: Known as "The Stone of Heaven", this stone
promotes the pursuit of the spirituality. Symbolizes light in the darkness that
helps to unite the subconscious with the conscious mind.
• Baltic Amber: Amber signifies a strong soul and courage to surpass the darkest of
times. It is often carried by travelers for protection.
• Black Onyx: Black onyx improves objective thinking, spiritual inspiration, and the
control of emotions and passions, which helps the wearer move beyond bad
relationships and old hurts.
• Bloodstone: Bloodstone is the symbol of justice. It is thought to bring about great
change and protects against evil.
• Blue Goldstone: Blue goldstone is associated with learning and communication.
• Blue Lace Agate: Blue lace agate is one of the st and most popular of the agates. A
calming, uplifting stone, the blue color strengthens energy and encourages
Bronzite is used to give a sense of certainty when setting goals and helps to
control impulsive decisions. It is used to encourage good behavior and help
Orange Calcite can be used to obtain positive energy in the
areas of mental and physical instability, enhancing sexuality, and creativity.
Carnelian in the home will protect against fire and misfortune. Carnelian can
assist people in finding the right mate and protect the wearer from anger,
jealousy, and fear.
• Chalcedony: Considered a sacred stone by many cultures, chalcedony nurtures
brotherhood, promotes good will, and instills generosity.
Charoite was adopted as a power stone to aid in transformations due to the fact
that it survived great trauma, rains, winds, heat and cold, only to become more
beautiful over time.
• Chiastolite: The name chiastolite derives from the Greek chiastos meaning
"cross marked"; this stone offers protection in times of conflict,
while dispelling negative thoughts and emotions to bring universal harmony.
• Chrysocolla: Chrysocolla can help with stabilizing the home life, and in re-building
relationships of all kinds, friends and family alike. It can help ease
heartache, and give renewed strength.
• Chrysoprase: Chrysoprase can be used as a stone of protection for young children and
animals and can relieve stress and bring success.
Citrine represents courage and self discipline, aiding in matters of daily
living and opening the mind to new thoughts, and is often used to increase self
• Color Change Alexandrite Quartz: Alexandrite, named after Alexander II of Russia, is a very stone with an unusual phenomenon; it
changes color. Alexandrite is said to stimulate pleasure and love, and is also
used as a lucky stone.
• Copper Turquoises: Turquoise has the ability to attract success and
prosperity, influence creativity, and enhance communication. Copper has long
been used as a healing metal especially for arthritis and rheumatism, and with
blood and metabolism disorders. Copper will help the healing effect of any
stone when both touch the body.
Emerald is an ancient stone with deep spiritual and religious roots. It was
thought to be forged with love, hope, faith, reason, and wisdom, and thus
becomes a strong protector of these matters.
• Fire Opal:
Fire Opals have a long history with spiritual and magical use, and precious
opals like the fire opal bring out spontaneity, fresh idea, and renewed
enthusiasm in all endeavors.
Fluorite is said to absorb and neutralize negative vibrations and thus should
be kept in every room of the home. Fluorite is also known as the "Genius
Garnet can give protection to travelers, prevent bad dreams, and combat
depression and lethargy while giving courage and energy.
Geodes are often used for protection or spiritual aid and growth, as it
inherently amplifies and proctects good energy.
Goldstone is associated with vibrance, energy, and vitality.
Hematite is believed to aid with logical thinking, enhancing memory,
understanding technical knowledge, original thinking, and mathematics.
Howlite can aid with knowledge and memory, as well as promote truthfulness,
inner strength, and good moral character.
Enhances emotional stability and balance. Jade is a very protective stone,
particularly good for protecting children against illness or for protection on
long journeys. Jade is also used by some people to bring good luck, wisdom,
All Jaspers have excellent protective and grounding energies, nurturing the
courage to speak out and have personal independence.
Represents inner love, gentleness, and self-discipline, habit breaking
assistance and shows strength in sensitivity.
One of only two stones which never needs cleansing or clearing (citrine being
the other), kyanite is a bridge between mind and matter; a powerful stone of
manifestation toward reaching your hopes, dreams and desires.
• Labradorite: Labradorite can be used to bring about a deeper understanding of
oneself and to increase willpower, and is believed to stimulate creativity,
inspire new ideas, and help find solutions to problems.
• Lapis Lazuli: A token of truth and wisdom, lapis can bring about harmony in
relationships and enhance love and fidelity within a marriage and allow the
wearer to be open and truthful.
Larimar is a newly discovered stone that occurs one place on earth - on the island of Hispaniola, in the Caribbean Sea. It is believe to be a stone with extraordinary
A very worldly stone, magnesite is said to assist in creative visualization,
help bring peace in meditation and stimulate passion.
Magnetite brings balance to the conflict of intellect and inner emotions to
bring about stability. This is an excellent stone for balancing polarities such
as male-female; physical-spiritual; left brain-right brain, etc.
• Mahogany Obsidian: This obsidian is said to help with inner reflection,
mirroring our flaws while bringing self-acceptance, helping with decision
making, and allowing us to make significant change in difficult areas of our
A stone of transformation, Malachite will bring harmony into your life, give
knowledge and patience, and release painful emotions.
Moldavite is an extremely gemstone. Unlike all other gemstones, it was formed
from the impact of an intense meteorite shower between 15 and 20 million years
ago. In the Middle Ages, Moldavite jewelry was given as gifts from royalty to
royalty. This stone can assist in breaking through limitations and past
Mookite helps to encourage the desire for variety and new experiences and helps
alleviate worries about the future.
• Moss Agates: Moss agates are considered the most powerful of the agates. It was the
agate of warriors and helps balance emotional energy. Moss agate jewelry is
believed to bring the wearer good health, close friends and abundant riches.
• Mother of Pearl: Carrying
on through the ages, mother of pearl signifies faith, charity, and innocence,
enhances personal integrity, protecting those who wear it from deep fears and
i intense stress.
Opalite has a soft, gentle and soothing effect when held or viewed. Moss
opalites represents the opening of new doors and helps facilitate change.
• Orthoceras Fossil: Ancestors to ammonites, Orthoceras are extinct sea
creatures dating from the lower Ordovician to Triassic ages (500 to 190 million
• Pearl/Abalone Shell: An emblem of chastity, modesty, and purity as well
as a symbol of happiness, success, and love. Pearls are calming and centering,
and they give purity and promote qualities like personal integrity, charity,
truth, loyalty, and faith.
Symbol of forgiveness, and helps to deal with anger, jealousy, envy,
resentments, and bitterness in relationships with others that get in the way of
the path to amends.
• Petrified Wood: Petrified wood is powerful in removing obstacles and can be used to
assist in reaching goals that you are having trouble with or to smooth a path
for any endeavor.
• Phosphosiderite: A powerful healing stone, phosphosiderite will enhnace spirituality and
• Picasso Jasper: This stone represents the cherishing of life, and is said to attract
like minded people to one another, creating loyal and trusting bonds. It can
also help to renew old friendships that have been lost.
• Picture Jasper: Picture jasper is believed to enhance the relationship between humans
and nature, promoting global awareness and a desire to protect the planet.
• Pietersite: Pietersite is referred to as the "Tempest Stone" and has a
connection to the storm element. It is believed to hold the keys to the kingdom
of the sky.
• Pink Opal:
Pink Opal is a stone of peace and tranquility and is especially noted for its
energies in healing emotions; it is said that sleeping with pink opal helps to
bring compassion and a gentle resolution of painful memories.
• Poppy Jasper: Poppy jasper has the qualities of enhancing relaxation, organizational
abilities, and a sense of completeness.
Prehnite is a symbol of unconditional love. It connects the will with the heart
to strength intuition and shows the path to the greatest good.
• Rainbow Moonstone: Moonstone brings inspiration, strengthens intuition
and sensitivity, enhances creativity, allows the wearer to see situations from
different angles, and helps one to see things more clearly.
• Rainforest Opal: Rainforest opals can increase self-esteem and the capacity to love as
well as strengthen communication skills.
• Real Sponge Coral: Coral has the ability to ward off evil thoughts and
evil spirits and can enhance our sense of purpose, strength, and inner peace.
• Red Coral:
Coral has the ability to ward off evil thoughts and evil spirits and can
enhance our sense of purpose, strength, and inner peace.
• Red Jasper: Helps balance aggressive and dynamic energy, and is held close by
ancient female warriors, a perfect balance between beauty and confidence.
• Rhodochrosite: Similar to many stones with pink tones, the rhodochrosite is a soother
of the heart and brings warm feelings of love and compassion.
A calming stone, Rhodonite will decrease anxiety and increase attention to
detail and raise self-esteem.
Rhyolite is a symbol of change and creativity, and can increase self-esteem and
the capacity to love.
• Rose Quartz: Often referred to as the "love stone", Rose Quartz can
balance emotions and allow the wearer to open their heart to family love,
platonic love, and romantic love.
• Royal Ruby: Chosen by kings, leaders, and priests for it's guiding properties, this
stone manifests wise and nobles decisions and helps transition an ultimate
change in character.
• Ruby Zoisite: This stone transmutes negative energy into positive energy, relieving
lethargy and offerering stamina to physical and mental processes.
• Russian Eudialite: Represents openess, and helps to dispel jealousy,
opens and activate the feelings stemming from deep within the heart.
Sapphire has long symbolized truth, sincerity, and faithfulness. Sapphires draw
protection and wisdom and oversees divine destiny in life, instilling hope,
faith and joy during the journey.
Sardonyx is a stone of strength and protection, used to enhance willpower,
i integrity, stamina and vigor. It is believed to bring lasting happiness and
stability to marriage and partnerships.
• Shattuckite: Shattuckite brings courage, strengthening communication and
concentration, while providing strong focus in daily routines.
• Silver Leaf Agate: Silver Leaf agates are very grounding and balancing,
and they open the doors to acceptance, protection and abundance.
• Smoky Quartz: A stone of relationships, bringing balance and stimulating cooperation
when working in a larger group towards a common goal.
• Snake Skin Jasper: This stone promotes strength and cheerfulness in
times of great stress and anxiety from excessive activity.
• Snowflake Obsidian: Snowflake obsidian can calm and soothe and open the
mind to seeing unhealthy patterns in behaviour, thus opening the door to
Sodalite is believed by some to instill confidence and courage, and thought to
be a soothing stone which can increase sensitivity to others.
Sugilite is a very and valuable stone that teaches and protects in matters of
love and forgiveness.
• Sunshine Druzy/Angel Aura Crystal: Angel
Aura Crystal is an uplifting stone that invites angelic guidance and deep
peace. Angel Aura promotes joy, light & optimism.
• Tiger eye:
Tiger eye can offer protection to travelers and enhance will power, integrity,
practicality, and even good luck.
• Titanium Sunshine Druzy/Flame Aura Crystal: This
crystal emanates power, love, and spirituality, sparking the ebb and flow of
Helps to remove doubts about decisions, and promotes the expression of ideas
while manifesting desires; effects are enhanced when paired with silver or
• Tourmalinated/Rutilated Quartz: This special quartz contains needlelike crystals
that illuminate the heart and soul, cleansing energies and clearing the way to
• Tourmaline: Tourmaline help moving past limited thinking, to an expanded sense of
reality, and see past experiences in new ways.
Turquoise has the ability to attract success and prosperity, influence
creativity, and enhance communication.
Unakite allows people to concentrate on the present rather than dwelling in the
past and is thought to bring clarity and aid in decision making.
• White Topaz: White topaz can
purify thoughts and perceptions and bring harmony and balance.